May 15, 2020
Summer is on it’s way and what better way to celebrate the arrival of the beautiful, sunny weather with a floral craft project! Create your own gallery wall at home and make a lovely selection of wall hangings using warm summer tones and pretty floral patterns.
‘Somewhere over the rainbow’ Plaque
For a spin on the traditional rainbow, create a creative wall decoration using a range of floral embellishments for each row. Stamp the famous ‘somewhere over the rainbow’ lyrics for the perfect finishing touch!
To create this plaque, you will need:
- Large wooden square plaque
- Wooden retro flower embellishments
- Wooden 5 petal flower embellishments
- Wooden blossom flower embellishments
- Wooden daisy flower embellishments
- Ink pads: Red Brick, Persimmon, Mango Madness, White
- Alphabet stamp set
- PVA glue
- Mustard medium jute string to hang.
Cherry Blossom Print
This Japanese-inspired print is a fun and creative addition to your gallery wall. To create this simple floral pattern, we have stamped repeatedly and off the edge to achieve a seamless, pretty print.
To create this project, you will need:
- A piece of card or paper, approx. 22cm x 22cm.
- DecoArt acrylic paint – Pineapple
- Ink pad – Red Brick
- Cherry blossom stamp by Rico
- Petal leaf rubber stamp by Perlenfischer
- Rico wooden poster frame
‘Sunshine’ Flag Plaque
Bring in the sunshine in with this handmade banner with floral embellishments.
To create this sunshine flag plaque, you will need: