Thank you for acknowledging our original and creative designs. The following notes are for your guidance when using Artcuts products for commercial re-sale. We are a friendly group of creatives who are happy to support your growing business.
Artcuts wooden craft shapes have been designed and made in our Surrey-based workshop for our customers to enjoy crafting at home. We are happy for our customers to use our wooden craft shapes for their personal use and to gift to friends and family.
Artcuts designs are copyrighted and in order to protect those designs, we are pleased to share our Angel Policy.* This Policy applies to customers who wish to decorate our wooden shapes and sell their handmade crafts in online and offline marketplaces. This includes but is not limited to online platforms, in market stalls or at craft shows.
Please follow these guidelines when using Artcuts designs for the purposes of creating items for sale:
- It is prohibited to copy or have copies made of Artcuts designs.
- Handcrafted items are not to be sold for large-scale commercial gain. For customers who wish to produce more than 200 units per design, per year, please contact us for further support and guidance.
- All handcrafted products for commercial re-sale must be personally made by you. Mass production, automated production, assembly line production or production by hired staff is not permitted.
- Artcuts Wooden Craft Shapes must not be re-sold in their original state. Items can be re-sold if they are decorated with craft accessories (i.e. paints, inks, decoupage paper, glitter).
- Decorated crafts for commercial re-sale must be in your own style and your own design. Items for re-sale must not be a direct copy or close interpretation of Artcuts inspiration samples that are featured on our online communications (i.e. our website and social platforms).
- We ask that you use the following copyright notice “Wooden shapes designed and made by Artcuts” in product descriptions when selling on commercial platforms (i.e. the seller’s website, Etsy, etc.).
- We ask that you use the hashtag #artcuts when sharing handmade products on business social accounts (i.e. Facebook for Business, Instagram for Business).
- Re-sale at non-profit organisations is permitted. This includes but is not limited to church events, school fetes and charity events.
- The commercial re-sale of any wooden shapes made with Liberty fabrics is not permitted. Please note, Liberty of London have separate T&Cs regarding commercial re-sale – please email us for further information.
- Images on artcuts.co.uk are for Artcuts use only.
- Artcuts designs may not be used for creating company logos.
- Artcuts are a member of Anti-Copying In Design (ACID) and support their values in recognising design, creation and protection.
As an independent business ourselves, we are pleased to continue to support the growth of other creative businesses who wish to use our wooden shapes. The purpose of this Angel Policy is to provide guidance and clarity to commercial makers and, in turn, protect Artcuts designs.
If you wish to discuss any of our policies or are interested in using Artcuts Wooden Shapes for commercial re-sale, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to provide further information on how we can support your business.
Many thanks for your understanding and support. We wish you all the best in your crafting endeavours.
All the best,
*Please note, our Angel Policy does not apply to Artcuts Trade account holders or retailers with whom we have confirmed as exceptions. Please email us for confirmation.
Paid Design Service
We offer a chargeable design service for customers. Minimum order quantity required. For more information, please email us at email@example.com.
Angel Policy for Rubber Stamps
We currently source the rubber stamps on our website from an external supplier. For our supplier’s full Angel Policy regarding the use of stamps for commercial re-sale, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support.