November 26, 2019
Our Mini Craft Kits are great fun for all-levels of crafters! Here are some helpful tips & techniques on how to use and look after your Mini Craft Kit contents:
Add a pop of colour to your wooden shapes using the sponge ink pad.
- New ink pads will be quite wet to start with so always use light pressure to build the colour.
- Gently swipe your ink pad in the direction of the grain, usually vertically. Try not to swipe back and forth.
- You can colour to whole shape or lightly brush your ink pads around the edge for a colourful outline.
- Lightly swipe your ink pad for a softer shade which is great for backgrounds
- Once the ink is dry you can swipe multiple times to achieve a stronger shade.
Helpful tip: If you’ve made a mistake use a damp cloth to quickly clean the ink away before it dries.
Care & Maintenance: Clean by stamping repeatedly onto a damp cloth until there is no ink residue left.
- The rubber stamps work best when used with our VersaMagic and Brilliance ink pads.
- To ensure you cover the entire rubber stamp design, lightly dab the stamp with the ink pad.
- Test your rubber stamp on paper first and ensure you are working on a flat surface.
- It is advised that you re-ink your stamp before each impression.
- Stamp once to create a single motif or for an all-over pattern you can stamp randomly or repeatedly.
- The mini stamps are very delicate so be sure to be gentle when applying colour.
Top Tip: Stamp off the edge of the wooden shape for a seamless pattern.
Care & Maintenance: Clean by stamping repeatedly onto a damp cloth until there is no ink residue left. Try not to rub your stamp clean as this may damage it.
Mini wooden shapes and words are perfect for using on our larger shapes as embellishments. Full strength PVA craft glue can be used to attach the shapes to each other or for layering.
Any additional craft accessories can be added directly onto the wood but make sure the surface is dry if you’ve used inks or paints. Extra PVA glue can be used if needed.
Please make sure to snip the tip of your PVA craft glue before use. Store with stopper firmly in place.
Shop the full range of Kits here.