June 2, 2020
Add a touch of tranquility to your home and create this enchanting seashell wall hanging with a calming pastel colour theme. The natural wooden shapes combined with the soft summer hues means the final piece suits any room in the house!
You Will Need:
- 3 Wooden Seashells
- 7 Mini wooden seashells
- 1 Wooden Stick
- 3 Acrylic paints: Sea Glass, Cotton Candy & White Pearl
- PVA glue
- Jute String: Ivory, Soft Pink & Sage OR RicoRumi: Pastel Green, Pink & White
How To Make:
- First, paint the 3 larger shells with your 3 acrylic paint colours. To avoid filling in the shell detail with paint, we recommend painting lots of thin layers.
- Next, paint 2 of the small shells in sea glass acrylic paint, another 2 in cotton candy acrylic paint and leave the remaining 3 shells in their natural state.
- To hang your wooden seashells, cut a length of pink string roughly 50cm and fold in half. Thread your folded string through the largest pink shell and tie the end to your wooden rod, leaving the shell to hang off the rod.
- Add a dab of PVA to the reverse side of 1 mini green shell and 1 mini pink shell and glue to the pink string.
- Repeat these steps for your other shells, placing the larger shells in different heights and positions. To add string lengths below the large hanging shells you can use PVA glue to attach additional string.
- Tie a length of string (roughly 28cm) to either end of your wooden stick and your seashell wall hanging is ready to display!
We’d love to see what different colour combos you come up with, so don’t forget to tag us on Instagram and Facebook with your creations!