June 10, 2020
With Father’s Day right around the corner, let dad know he’s No.1 with a special handmade card made by you! Impress dad with your terrific crafting skills and create this thoughtful rosette card with your own hand-stamped message.
You Will Need:
- Blank white card
- 1 wooden circle tag (6cm)
- Blue chiffon acrylic paint
- Ocean depth ink pad
- Mini star rubber stamp
- Alphabet & Number stamp set
- 15mm satin ribbon: Turquoise, Royal Blue, Midnight Blue
- Gold ribbon
- PVA craft glue
How To Make:
- Paint the wooden tag with the blue chiffon acrylic paint and leave to dry for roughly 20 minutes.
- Apply the ocean depth ink pad to the mini star rubber stamp and print around the edge of the wooden tag. Remember to re-apply your ink between every impression.
- Next, apply the ocean depth ink pad to the alphabet & number stamps and print your message in the centre of the wooden tag.
- To create the ribbons, cut the three blue satin ribbons to roughly 8cm long.
- Using a small amount of PVA glue, stick each colour ribbon to the reverse side of the decorated circle tag.
- Carefully trim diagonally into the bottom of the ribbons to create a chevron shape.
- To attach your rosette to the card, pierce a small hole into the card approximately 1.5cm from the top edge. Thread the gold ribbon through the hole in the circle tag and then through the hole in the card.
- Secure the ribbon to the card with a small piece of clear tape or washi tape.
- Write your message inside and gift to dad on Father’s Day!