April 1, 2021
Want beautifully stylish home decor with a crafty twist?
If, like us, you’re a coaster enthusiast… Then, you’ll love showing off these gorgeous pastel check coasters. The best part? They’re hand-painted! Inspired by summer hues and soft, trendy checks, these coasters are a must-have accessory this Summer.
All you need…
- Wooden Poplar Coasters – Square
- DecoArt Acrylic Paint – Chartreuse
- DecoArt Acrylic Paint – Purple Cow
- DecoArt Acrylic Paint – Petal Pink
- Round Synthetic Brush – No.6
- DecoArt Varnish Gloss Varnish
- Ergonomic Bristle Brush ~ No.12
- Start by painting 4-6 evenly-spread lines across your square coaster using chartreuse paint. Use the round synthetic paintbrush to achieve a thin line. Leave to dry for approx. 30 minutes.
- Next, repeat the same steps using the purple cow paint, only this time, paint across the chartreuse lines to create a check effect. Leave to dry for another 30 minutes.
- Using the ergonomic bristle brush, apply a thin layer of gloss varnish over the top of your design. This will protect it from any tea/coffee stains! Leave to dry over night.
- Repeat the same steps for your next square coaster – this time using the chartreuse paint & petal pink paint.
Once you’ve finished varnishing, your pastel check coasters are ready for the coffee table!
Watch the full how-to tutorial below: