July 16, 2020
We’re delighted to be featured in the August edition of Country Living Magazine. Alaina Binks, home and crafts editor, has written a lovely article entitled ‘A homage to the Humble Bee’ in which she has curated a golden range of bee-inspired activities, foods and makes to enjoy this summer. And to celebrate we are offering 25% off our Bee Kit until 20.07.2020.
Here’s a sneak peek of the article:
Featured are our adorable mini bee brooches, which are super simple to make and are the ideal summer accessory! All you need is:
- Mini wooden bees
- Mango madness ink pad
- Iridescent glitter
- Silver brooch backs (small)
- PVA craft glue
How To Make:
- Apply the mango madness ink pad to the mini wooden bee, covering the entire shape with colour. Leave to dry for about 30 minutes.
- With a damp paint brush, apply a thin layer of PVA glue all over the wooden bee.
- Sprinkle the iridescent glitter evenly onto the glue. Leave the decoration to dry for roughly 1 hour.
- Lay your silver brooch back on the reverse side of the wooden bee in the place you would like it to sit. Double check the brooch pin cannot be seen from the front.
- When you’re happy with the placement, apply a line of glue to the wooden bee and stick the brooch back in place. Leave to dry for roughly 30 minutes.
- Attach your wooden bee brooch to a summer jacket or shopping bag and you’re all set for summer!